Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Entry Twenty-three - Vexibar, Paris, Mandizalinskasoso & Time Vortex

Blogging is like visiting home. I've always got the best intentions, and I always manage to get, well... distracted.

Anyway, though, I will try to get better.

After dropping off Ariella, the Doctor and I tooled around the Vexibar system for awhile. Cold planet, unsurprisingly. But beautiful. Women Wept was beautiful because everyone had frozen so immediately, with giant waves and everything... but what made Vexibar beautiful was that it was just completely still. Besides the dots made by our shoes and the square from the TARDIS, the whole surface of the planet was pristine snow. Untouched. Not every windy.

Here's us, or well... me and a foot:


And here's Vexibar:


There were expanses of tunnel underneath the surface that went on for miles and miles. Whole shops, and restaurants and home. It was very impressive. We ate at on of the restaurants but it was a bit difficult because the only thing on the menu that could be digested by the humanoid gastric system was this thing that was made out of the internal organs of a sort of sheep/goat like creature called an Arg. And smelled like the internal organs of a sheep/goat. I got two bites down. The Doctor only got one. We ate biscuits and drank Pepsi on the TARDIS instead.

Then, after that, we spun round to an Earth colony, circa 230,000 to get a proper meal (he's never admit it but I am sure all the biscuits and fizzy drinks were starting to upset the Doctor's stomach). For the record; the crustaceans on Paris (Earth colony, named for the Earth city, now I've been to two Parises! Top that, Romanadvoratrelundar!) are brilliant! Especially with herb butter. What can I say, I'm not a huge lobster connoisseur, we don't have a lot of that in our council flat. And flourless chocolate soufflé? Yeah, the Doctor had two servings.

And the temperature on Paris is gorgeous! We got this amazing room at this amazing (great use of the word amazing there, yeah?) hotel thanks to psychic paper and the need for hotel inspectors. I've never seen a more brilliant room. It was HUGE and had two loos and a bed the size of one of those cars on the London Eye. We used it as a trampoline. And then it had about three balconies which were perfect for throwing water balloons (it's incredible, the things he keeps in those pockets). We had a bit of a relaxing time there, the Doctor read about six books and walked around the main city area about fifty times looking for trouble. I sunbathed by the pool of the hotel and told him to call me on my mobile if something came up. It didn't. Then we went on this waterfall tour were we had to go on this transport for about two hours both directions listening to muzak of Cats but the waterfall was so worth it. It's even bigger than Angel Falls, which is apparently in Venezuela and 979 m high. For the ride back we bought candy floss.

And then, finally (!), we ran into some trouble on Mandizalinskasoso (I had to ask him to spell that three times). It seemed that they were about to have the coronation for the young prince who was about to become king. There was some sort of weirdness going on involving the disappearance of the princess and a wily councilor , who seemed just a bit too eager to take the prince's place. As it turned out in the end the Princess was being held captive by the councilor who was planning on poisoning the Prince, forcing marriage on the Princess, and ruling the planet. Thwarted, of course, when I went snooping around (says the Doctor, I say... I was getting a tour from Prince Renard and took a wrong turn, I'll let you decide who was telling the truth) and heard the Princess banging her chairs against a metal pipe. Then the Doctor drank the cup of poison before Renard could (it was all very Tinkerbell... later I clapped my hands together and said 'I do believe in the Doctor, I do, I do!' He laughed). He was fine, of course, superior phyisiology and all, though he did give the royal family a bit of a scare.

We got front row seats to the coronation and the Doctor was convinced that Renard fancied me. I said he didn't, and the Doctor bet me five quid that he did. I lost, but I got a really pretty necklace in the process. Don't worry, I gave it back, and I'll pay up with the Doctor pays me for a bet we made in Scotland, 1879. And for another in Orleana, 3054.

After all that, we come to today. We decided on a Do Nothing Day, and this time we planned ahead and got a couple of pizzas from 1940's New York City (where Tony will work years from now) so that we really wouldn't have to leave the TARDIS. It's basically just a challenge at this point. There's no real reason to stay in the TARDIS all day long except to prove that we can. This is what I have done today:

-Read trashy magazines.
-Put them away properly so that the TARDIS will not be displeased, we all know how to likes to complain about me in her blog (:-P TARDIS).
- Snoop around the library.
-Found nothing worth reading (he's moved his 500 Year Diary).
-Started reading Jane Austen.
-Got bored.
-Made banana bread (BIG hit).
-Tidied my room.
-Tidied the console room.
-Tidied the galley.
-Got yelled at for tidying the console room (I'm sorry those Jelly Babies were at least 50 years old and deserved to become acquainted with the bin! Besides, Jelly Babies are completely disgusting).
-Hopped on one foot for a as long as I could while the Doctor laughed his head off (23 seconds).
-Timed the Doctor hopping on one foot for as long as he could (I gave up after five minutes).
-Watched the Doctor fix some sort of interdimentional gradient loop thing.


-Read more trashy magazines in the library and then fell asleep for 48.3 minutes (or so I am told, the Doctor makes a very good pillow).
-Realised the best thing to do on said Do Nothing Day would be to blog.
-Blogged.


Until next time.

Oh, PS. I asked the Doctor if Romana was his old girlfriend, he rolled his eyes and said no. I am not sure if I believe him. Exhibit A:


And, ahem!, Exhibit B:


The prosecution rests.

No comments: